Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet Me

The weight of the world,

Here,

Pressing down on,

My shoulders,

Be her,

They'll like her better,

Smile,

Laugh,

Live life,

In a shell,

Of no one special,

I'm not that,

Girl,

Person,

I've been trying,

Too hard,

To please everyone,

But me,

It's time,

To break free,

Of this voice,

Screaming to please,

When I keep,

Failing,

I want to breathe,

In life,

Take in the moments,

Not watch them,

Fly by,

I'm in control,

Of MY life,

I say what goes,

I pick,

Who I want to stay,

I've faded,

Into someone,

Who I don't want,

To be,

I'm not perfect,

But I'm me,

Hey,

Why don't you meet,

This girl,

Who I used to be,

People loved,

Wanted to be around,

A good friend,

Without trying,

A better sister,

No barriers,

A daughter,

No trouble maker,

A dreamer,

A lover,

A person all my own,

Where did I go?

So here we are,

You can meet...

Me.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment