Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Flying

This life,
It's all we get,
We're told,
To make the best,
Of it,
So here I am,
At the edge,
Ready to jump,
And feel,
Free,
Alive,
Flying through the sky,
Through the air,
People ask,
If I even care,
I scream at the world,
Bring it on!
I can take it,
I fight the battles,
Does it matter,
If I win or lose?
No,
It can't,
I'll survive,
My mind is racing,
My feet ache from pacing,
My hands are held high,
God take it all away,
I'm tired of the tears,
I'm learning to face my fears,
I'll ask you,
Take me away my dear,
I know you are willing,
I know you would,
Please,
Do it now,
Take me somewhere,
Safe and warm,
Away from reality,
Just for awhile,
Just us two,
Please...
This is life,
It's all we get,
So tell me,
How do you,
Make the best of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment