Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Give Me A Break

Life is my struggle,

Stress my motivator,

Love...

Be my comfort,

Playing many roles,

Daughter,

Sister,

I'll be a mom,

For today,

See my tricks?

I hide them in my sleeve,

Roll them up,

Pull them out,

Oops there's my heart,

I'll clean that up,

As well,

Kids yell,

Fight over amazing,

Things,

"Life is a beach..."

I wanna play in the sand,

Somebody take my hand,

Save me before,

I fall flat,

Tired,

Give me a break,

Let me have a day,

Away from life,

Laughter,

No tears,

Peace,

No arguments,

Fun,

Without consequences,

Please,

Take me for a day,

Be my escape,

You'll save me,

From going insane,

Let me smile,

Without fear,

Will it fall apart?

Of course it does,

Eh it's life,

I'll just sit here,

Till I hear the fife,

Calling me to come,

Away,

I'll run from this home,

Take me to the beach,

I don't care,

If it's December,

Let me walk,

The shore,

No more knocking,

On my weary door,

No yelling,

For a tiny mistake,

I'll learn,

Eventually,

Let me live,

Let me breathe!

I'll survive,

Just hold me up,

I'm falling down quickly,

Be my support,

Hide me away,

From all the crazy,

No hunger,

For the food,

I used to crave,

Stress swallowing,

Me whole,

Children,

Leave me alone!

Life is different,

Insane,

Peace is but,

A fading memory?

I'm begging,

For A DAY,

Away from it all,

Give me a break,

Before I fall flat,

On my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment